Firehouse magazine has released its 2016 National Run Report. The report took run data from across the country to find out which of our nations fire departments are the busiest. The report included data on Engine Companies.
Nationally, the San Fransisco Fire Department has the busiest Engine Company, E3, with a whopping 10,830 runs in 2016. That is nearly 30 runs a shift!
Top 5 Busiest Engines by Fire Department in the US
- San Fransisco, CA = E3 (10,830: 30 runs per shift)
- Washington, DC = E30 (7,690: 21 runs per shift)
- Los Angeles City, CA = E9 (7,365: 20 runs per shift)
- Orange County, FL = E51 (6,919: 19 runs per shift)
- San Diego, CA = E4 (6,790: 19 runs per shift)
In Texas, the Houston Fire Department has the busiest Engine Company, E7, with 4,973 runs in 2016. That is an average of 14 runs per shift.
Top 5 Busiest Engines by Fire Department in Texas
- Houston Fire Department = E7 (4,973: 14 runs per shift, 24th in the US)
- Fort Worth Fire Department = E14 (4,890: 13 runs per shift, 27th in the US)
- Austin Fire Department = E18 (4,685: 13 runs per shift, 32nd in the US)
- San Antonio Fire Department = E24 (4,641: 13 runs per shift, 36th in the US)
- Dallas Fire and Rescue = EN18 (4,294: 12 runs per shift, 51st in the US)